SMITH COUNTY — NEWS RELEASE:
Drought conditions are widespread across the state. The Smith County Municipal Utility District #1 is experiencing Mild Drought Conditions and encourages all citizens to help conserve our precious water resources.
Our water system is under Stage I Water-Use Restrictions. This means that water use is restricted in the following ways:
1. Voluntary Restrictions:
· Customers are encouraged to limit nonessential water use to prevent further restrictions.
2. Mandatory Outdoor Restrictions:
· Usage of water for outdoor purposes, such as lawns, gardens, and car washing, is restricted to Saturday & Sunday or 6:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
· Outdoor water use is not allowed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. during the week.
· Washing of motor vehicles and filling pools are prohibited during the week.
· Washing of sidewalks, driveways, and other hard surfaces is prohibited.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this notice will result in one warning, thereafter a $250 fine for residential, $1000 for non-residential, and termination of water service till fine is paid.
These Restrictions Shall Take Effect Monday August 8, 2011 until You Receive Written Noticed of Termination of Emergency.
Comments News Comments