Watches & Warnings Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast
Temperatures 7 Day Forecast

UPDATE: Leverett's Chapel ISD fire caused by electrical problems

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 11:23am

On Tuesday, a Leverett's Chapel ISD concession stand burned to the ground, along with all of their baseball team's equipment.

Officials say the blaze was caused by an electrical problem in the concession stand.

It happened around 2 a.m. at the Leverett's Chapel ballpark off Highway 42.

A witness tells KETK that he heard a loud pop shortly before the building was engulfed in flames.

Among the items destroyed were bases, a pitching machine and several concession stand appliances. School officials plan to rebuild what was lost.

No injuries were reported.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment