UPDATE: Couple "trapped" in home escapes morning fire through windows

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 - 1:03pm

SMITH COUNTY — According to officials with the Smith County Fire Marshal's Office, two people were able to escape a mobile home fire Tuesday morning by crawling through their windows.

The couple says they were afraid to open the bedroom doors because they feared the fire was in the middle of their home.

Fire investigators tell KFXK the fire was sparked by a cellphone charger overheating in an outlet.

Because the couple kept their bedroom door closed, flames only damaged the living room.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire quickly with no injuries.


 

Smith County fire officials tell KFXK an early morning house fire at 8036 CR 313 East endangered the lives of several people.

Officials say firefighters were called to the scene just after 1:00 a.m. on Tuesday, where there were multiple people "trapped" in the house.

No word yet on whether those people were able to make it out safely, or what the cause of the fire might have been.

Fire officials are still on the scene. KFXK will update this story as the details emerge.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment