Unattended burner lights kitchen on fire; 5 people displaced

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:57am

LONGVIEW — Longview fire officials tell KETK the fire is now under control, but not before major done was done to the residence.

Investigators say the fire began in the kitchen when a resident left a burner on to heat the duplex. The burner was left unattended for 15 minutes while the person visited with neighbors. When they returned, the kitchen was ablaze.

Firefighters first received a report around 11:19 p.m. and had the fire out by 11:40 p.m.

Five residents are now displaced. No one was injured.


LONGVIEW — Firefighters are responding to a structure fire in Longview.

Officials tell KFXK the fire is burning in the 1400 block of East Timpson Street.

KFXK will bring you more information as it becomes available.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment