Tyler, Tx (FOX 51) — A four month Fraud investigation conducted by investigators of the Tyler Police Department, FBI and other County and local police agencies has led to a numerous suspects being charged with Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity.
Investigators were contacted since January, 2013 by 45 victims who stated that their identity was fraudulently used stemming back to 2012.
The suspects were going on-line and obtaining multiple loans, using the victims’ identities, and have the funds transferred into the suspect’s bank accounts that they had set up. The victims were not aware of the fictitious loans in their names until they were contacted by the loan company for default of payment.
Investigators have identified 21 suspects at this time, who are predominately from Tyler, for their involvement in the fraud scheme. The most recent arrest was made Wednesday morning around 9:45 a.m., in the 700 block of S. Peach St. Officers found Michael Hunter hiding inside a house there. He was taken to the Smith County Jail and booked in on the outstanding felony warrant.
Investigators have obtained arrest warrants on these suspects for Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity, a first degree felony. Bond has been set at $750,000 on each suspect.
Tyler Police have arrested the following people so far:
- Kedarius Oliver, B/M, 10/4/1993, of Tyler Arrested
- Shavonda Jones, B/M, 12/30/1984, of Tyler Arrested
- Russell Lowrie, B/M, 06/03/1991, of Tyler. Arrested
- Demarciar Nelson, B/M, 02/09/1989, of Tyler. Arrested
- Chartyll McCullough, B/F, 02/17/1990, of Tyler. Arrested
- Kendallyn Adams, B/M, 09/05/1974, of Jacksonville. Arrested
- Kimberly Stewart, B/F, 07/13/1985, of Tyler. Arrested
- Desidre Harris, B/F, 05/20/1995, of Tyler. Arrested
- Michael Hunter, B/M, 01/07/1989, of Tyler. Arrested
The following suspects have not yet been located, but Tyler Police have warrants out for their arrest. If you have any information about these suspects, please contact law enforcement:
- Brandon Sessions, B/M, 08/07/1079, of Rusk.
- Demarcus Osborn, B/M, 11/12/1989, of Tyler.
- Jessica Osborn, B/F, 07/29/1988, of Tyler.
- Kachada Webb, B/F, 09/25/1989, of Tyler.
- Lashundra Harris, B/F, 12/29/1991, of Tyler.
- Tevin King, B/M, 01/07/1994, of San Antonio.
- Roderick TaylorII, B/M, 05/06/1988, of Tyler.
- Derrick Griffith, B/M, 12/13/1993, of Tyler.
- Christopher Pipkins, B/M, 12/10/1988, of Tyler.
- Britani Anderson, B/F, 09/08/1985, of Jacksonville.
- Michael Earl, B/M, 09/30/1989, of Tyler.
- James Miller Jr., B/M, 10/25/1983, of Tyler.
Anyone with information about the suspects involved in this crime is urged to contact the Tyler Police Department, at 903-531-1000, or Crimestoppers at 903-597-CUFF (903-597-2833).
Crimestoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to the arrest and charges filed against the suspects in this case or any felony case.