Tyler firefighters respond to small fire

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 - 1:37pm

TYLER — The Tyler Fire Department responded to a two-alarm structure fire this morning at 1115 E. Houston Street. The initial call was received at 09:56 a.m. and the caller reported heavy black smoke coming from the attic vents. First arriving unit called for a second alarm. Five engines and one Ladder Company, along with a District Chief and an Investigator, responded to the scene.

The fire apparently originated under the house possibly due to a leaking gas line. Residents were not at home when the fire started. There was heavy fire damage to at least 3 rooms and the attic. In addition, there was smoke damage throughout the house.

From Tyler Fire Department


A Smith County deputy's rent house caught fire Tuesday morning in Tyler.

Officials tell KETK no one was home at the time of the fire, but a pet rabbit was lost.

Firefighters are still in the house assessing damage which is believed to be minimal and have blocked off the residence in the 100 block of East Houston Street.

The deputy says he didn't have Christmas tree lights up at the time of the fire. Officials have not determined a cause of the fire.
 


Tyler fire officials tell KETK, they are just arriving on scene of a reported structure fire on the 1100 block of East Houston St. in Tyler.

Details are limited at this time, but there are reports of heavy smoke.

KETK has a crew en route and will provide more information as soon as it comes in.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment