Watches & Warnings Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast
Temperatures 7 Day Forecast

Space heater sparks overnight fire

Friday, February 4, 2011 - 12:44pm

The Tyler Fire Department responded to a two-alarm structure fire at 11:59 p.m. The fire occurred on Feb. 3, 2011 in the 1600 block of N. Confederate. Five engines and one Ladder Company, along with a district chief and an investigator, responded to the scene.

The owner arrived home to find the structure filled with smoke. Investigators determined that the fire originated near a wall outlet where a space heater was plugged in. The fire spread inside the wall space and gained access into the attic. There were no injuries reported. Units cleared the scene around 1:30 a.m.

From Tyler Fire Department
 

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment