Drought conditions are widespread across the state. The Smith County Municipal Utility District #1 is experiencing Mild Drought Conditions and encourages all citizens to help conserve our precious water resources.
Our water system is under Stage I Water-Use Restrictions. This means that water use is restricted in the following ways:
1. Voluntary Restrictions:
• Customers are encouraged to limit nonessential water use to prevent further restrictions.
2. Mandatory Outdoor Restrictions:
• Usage of water for outdoor purposes, such as lawns, gardens, and car washing, is restricted to Saturday & Sunday or 6:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
• Outdoor water use is not allowed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. during the week.
• Washing of motor vehicles and filling pools are prohibited during the week.
• Washing of sidewalks, driveways, and other hard surfaces is prohibited.
A copy of the Drought Contingency Plan is available at the district’s office. (903) 877-3644.
Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this notice will result in one warning, thereafter a $250 fine for residential, $1000 for non-residential, and termination of water service till fine is paid.
From Smith County