Watches & Warnings Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast
Temperatures 7 Day Forecast

Mobile home fire injures one fireman in Tyler

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 1:59pm

TYLER - It happened around 6:30 Monday night at a home near Highway 155 and Fannin Parkway.

The home is now burnt to a crisp leaving pillars of smoke, ash all over one mobile park and a family with no where to go.

When the fire first broke out a neighbor tells us he tried to stop the flames himself.

As firemen attempted to battle the fire, officials say, one fireman fell through the floor in the living room leaving him trapped. Officials told us they seized fire operation and went into rescue mode.

The fireman was rescued and rushed to safety but, the homeowner, who authorities say weren't in the home at the time, were not so lucky.

The roof was burnt through and the firemen had to cut through the walls of home to extinguish the fire.
Fireman say they don't know what started the fire but neighbors speculate the flames came from the victims stove.

The firefighter who was hurt is reported to be in good condition.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment