Many Kilgore residents without power; odor in city is not natural gas

Tuesday, October 4, 2011 - 11:13am

kilgore — Several residents in Kilgore are without power this morning, but Kilgore Police said an odor in the city is not natural gas.

Lt. Roman Roberson said the smell is originating from manufacturing company, Inland Products, on Texas 135 near Texas 42. Kilgore Fire Department responded to calls from several residents reporting smelling natural gas. The fire department found it was not natural gas, Roberson said.

Roberson also said there are several power outages in the city. He did not know what had caused the power outages, but said Southwestern Electric Power Company had been notified.

Southwestern Electric Power Co. officials are blaming a substation malfunction for leaving more than 4,000 Kilgore residents without power.

You can read the full story here.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment