Kilgore Sonic closed after small overnight fire

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 11:31am

KILGORE — Kilgore Fire Department responded to 217 North Henderson Boulevard, Sonic, for a kitchen fire, at approximately 4:30 a.m. on August 23, 2011.

Kilgore responded with three engine companies and rescue squad.

Sonic employees had arrived to open the restaurant for business when a fire developed in the kitchen. They activated the extinguisher system which contained the fire to the cooking equipment.

Fire Department was able to extinguish the remaining fire and ventilate the smoke from the building. Kilgore Fire Marshal’s Office investigated the fire and found it to be accidental. Kilgore fire left the scene at about 6:30 a.m.

Kilgore Fire would like to take this chance to inform the public that residential and commercial kitchen fires are the leading cause of fires in the United States. Always monitor cooking and have a extinguisher close by. Regular cleaning of kitchen cooking appliances will help reduce fire danger.

Information from Kilgore Fire Department

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment