Family members tell Fox 51, they called for help after they discovered heavy smoke coming from the attic.
Multiple fire departments responded and were able to extinguish the flames quickly.
The house suffered mainly water damage to the back side of house.
Officials believe the fire may have started from the fireplace which was used Thursday night.
No one was injured during the fire.
Smith County Fire officials tell Fox 51, Bullard firefighters are working a house fire on CR 3805 in Cherokee County, just over the Smith County line.
Details are limited at this time, but Fox 51 has a crew on the way and will provide more information as it becomes available.