Gas leak forces UT-Tyler building evacuation

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 3:07pm

Some UT-Tyler students found themselves without a classroom Wednesday afternoon following a lab's equipment failure.

Just before 1:15 p.m., faculty and students had to be evacuated due to a gas leak on campus. Two floors of the Biology, Education and Psychology Building were emptied after a gas valve from a Bunsen burner would not shut off, according to UT-Tyler spokeswoman Hannah Buchanan.

No students were ever in any imminent danger, but they evacuated as a precaution.

It took crews about 10 minutes to fix the leak.

Classes have resumed. No injuries were reported.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment