Tyler, tx — Some UT-Tyler students found themselves without a classroom Wednesday afternoon following a lab's equipment failure.
Just before 1:15 p.m., faculty and students had to be evacuated due to a gas leak on campus. Two floors of the Biology, Education and Psychology Building were emptied after a gas valve from a Bunsen burner would not shut off, according to UT-Tyler spokeswoman Hannah Buchanan.
No students were ever in any imminent danger, but they evacuated as a precaution.
It took crews about 10 minutes to fix the leak.
Classes have resumed. No injuries were reported.