Watches & Warnings Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast
Temperatures 7 Day Forecast

Foreign persons must report U.S. Agricultural land holdings

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 6:43pm

Wood-Rains County USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Executive Director Nancy Birkenfeld, reminds foreign persons with an interest in agricultural lands in the United States that they are required to report their holdings and any transactions to the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture.
"Any foreign person who acquires, transfers or holds any interest, other than a security interest, including leaseholds of 10 years or more, in agricultural land in the United States is required by law to report the transaction no later than 90 days after the date of the transaction," said Birkenfeld.

To read the full article click here.



Comments News Comments

Post new Comment