Breaking News

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 1:34pm
Watches & Warnings Warnings
7 Day Forecast 7 Day Forecast
Temperatures 7 Day Forecast

Firefighters unable to save home, rescue pet

Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 11:14am

A Smith County home just west of Tyler burned to the ground Thursday morning. The house on O'Neall Street caught fire around 10:00 a.m., according to Smith County Fire Marshal Jim Seaton.

After putting out the blaze, fire officials learned the homeowner had extinguished a fire earlier near an electric stove. The second fire was spotted when a neighbor alerted the resident that his garage was ablaze.

Officials believe the flames sparked near a breaker box and spread to the home.

A couple and their grandchild were able to escape without injury. Firefighters saved one pet from the home.

Authorities wil continue to investigate the incident.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment