Early morning burglary results in two arrests

Bi-State Jail
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 4:54pm

Earlier this morning around 10:30 Deputy Lonnie Johnson was in the 700 block of Cummings Lane to a burglary call when he heard three shots fired.

While looking for the source of the fired rounds, Johnson found Jonathan Evans at the end of a driveway holding a fire arm.

He also saw a vehicle sitting in the middle of Cummings Lane. Evans began to tell the Deputy that his home had just been broken into. After securing the weapon, Evans had in his possession, Johnson spoke with Evans to gather more information.

He found out that Evans came home from a doctor's appointment and caught two people in the process of burglarizing his home. The suspects ran out of the back door when they were discovered. Evans chased the suspects until deputies arrived.

Suspects attempted to leave and drove at Evans in the vehicle seen in the middle of Cummings Lane. Evans then fired several rounds at the driver of the vehicle. The car struck several trees while fleeing the scene.

The from these collisions eventually resulted in the suspects vehicle not being able to work.

Johnson received a call from an area citizen who informed him that he had just dropped off a individual at the E-Z Mart on Highway 59 and that the person was a possible suspect.

Units from Liberty-Eylau ISD and Bowie County Sheriff's Office responded to the area. They found DeAngelo Daniels, 17, of Texarkana, walking down the road and arrested him.

Daniels was taken into custody after it was determined that he was a suspect in the burglary. Officers from Nash Police Department, Liberty-Eylau ISD Police Department, Texas Department of Public Safety and the Bowie County Sheriff's Office set up a perimeter while canine units from the Bowie County Sheriff's Office and Texarkana Police Department searched for a second suspect who was believed to have been shot at the time.

This suspect was located hours later in a wooded area of Quail Brook Drive. James Liggans, 23, of Texarkana appeared to not been shot, but was taken to a local hospital.

After being treated and released for minor injuries, Liggans was taken to the Bi-State Jail.


Comments News Comments

Post new Comment