Butane lighter causes late night fire

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 2:14pm

ONGVIEW, TX --- Around 11:17 Tuesday night the Longview Fire Department responded to a reported fire at 1721 Highway 31.

Fire units were dispatched after the Longview Police Department had discovered a small fire on a counter during a bugler alarm response.

The LPD officer forced entry through the glass door and used a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire.

Fire crews used ventilation fans to clear the smoke form the structure.

The fire investigation revealed a butane lighter was set back down on the counter after use by a customer.

The lighter had a very small flame for approximately an hour which caused a complete ignition of the entire lighter. There were no injuries reported and the cause is accidental.
 

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment