2 ETX firefighters injured after protective mask comes off

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 - 10:57am

Two families have been displaced after a fire destroyed their homes.

The fire began around 4:45 a.m. at a duplex on the 300 block of Blake Drive. The blaze is believed to have rekindled from an earlier fire involving a Futon on the back porch that happened at 3 a.m., according to the Longview Fire Department.

Ten people were home when the fire sparked -- a family of five on one side and a family of two with three visitors on the other.

Two firefighters were injured when one of the men's mask came off, exposing him to the flames and smoke. The second firefighter burned his back helping the first man escape.

The firemen were treated and released from a local hospital.

The Longview Red Cross chapter is reportedly helping the homeless families.

News

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment