Smith County, Tx — According to Tyler Police, there were 18 DWI arrests made over New Year's weekend.
From December 28th - January 1st, several law enforcement agencies increased patrol for their "No Refusal" campaign due to the increased probability of drunken drivers.
Here's a breakdown of the arrests made:
- The Department of Public Safety had 12 DWI arrests
- Tyler Police made 3 DWI arrests
- Smith County Sheriff's Office made 1 DWI arrest
- Lindale Police made 1 DWI arrest
- Whitehouse Police had 1 DWI arrest
Of the arrests, there were two search warrants for blood with DPS.