Prosecutor's will not file charges against former Cowboy Irvin

Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 12:21pm

MIAMI - South Florida prosecutors say they won't file criminal charges against former Dallas Cowboys star Michael Irvin after investigating a woman's allegations that she was sexually assaulted by him.

The woman filed a lawsuit earlier this month in Broward County Circuit Court claiming Irvin assaulted her in July 2007 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood. The Broward State Attorney's office said Wednesday that it would not file charges against Irvin.

Seminole tribe officials say the woman told tribal police on July 20, 2007 that she was assaulted, but she later signed a waiver of prosecution.

Irvin played wide receiver for the Cowboys from 1988 to 1999. The 43-year-old is now an analyst for the NFL Network.

Irvin's attorney has called the lawsuit "civil extortion," saying the woman's entire story is false.

Comments News Comments

Post new Comment