The Longview Public Library will host a free, hands-on workshop to help organizations search and apply for grants. The Proposal Writing Basics and Grantseeking Basics Workshop will be held from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m., Friday, March 16, at the Longview Public Library, 222 W. Cotton St. The speaker for the event is Kief Schladweiler of the Foundation Center.
The workshop will introduce participants to the resources available through the Foundation Center’s website GrantSpace.org. The website offers information and resources that are specifically designed to meet the needs of grantseekers. Users can explore content based on subject area or a skill set, as well as take advantage of our various tools to get answers to the most frequently asked questions, find sample documents, and more.
The workshop will also provide an introduction to the Foundation Center’s comprehensive online database, Foundation Directory Online Professional. Participants will learn how to create customized searches to develop targeted lists of foundations that will match an organization’s funding needs.
To register for the free workshop, please contact Barbara Griffin at the Longview Public Library at 903-237-1341. For more information about the Longview Public Library, visit www.LongviewLibrary.com.
About the Speaker:
Speaker Kief Schladweiler has been the Foundation Center's Coordinator of Cooperating Collections since 2005. Prior to that he served as the Center's online librarian for several years. He joined the Foundation Center in 1999 after working as a reference librarian for The New York Public Library. He received his M.A. in Library and Information Science from the University of Wisconsin - Madison.
About the Workshop:
• Learn the key components of a proposal to a foundation.
• How the proposal fits into the overall grantseeking process
• What to include in a standard proposal to a foundation
• Tips for making each section of your proposal stronger
• What funders expect to see in your proposal and attachments
• Tips for communicating with funders during the grant process
• Additional resources on proposal writing, including sample proposals
• Introduction to GrantSpace.org
• Introduction to Foundation Directory Online Professional