Texas Roadhouse talks super bowl snacks
Texas Roadhouse has generously supplied us with a few ideas for super bowl party snacks!
How to make Blossom Petals at Home
1½ cups flour
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
Cut a medium onion in half, peel and place face down on counter
Cut onion into strips at about 1/2” across the onion
Batter: mix flour, cayenne, black and white pepper and sugar
Fill a small bowl with milk or buttermilk
Toss the onion strips in the flour, then the milk and then the flour again
Fry the petals in 1/2” of hot oil in a skillet, or bake in a 400 degree oven until crispy
Creamy Chili Sauce:
Combine 1 pint each mayonnaise and sour cream, ½ cup chili sauce and ½ tsp cayenne pepper. Optionally add ¼ C horseradish for extra kick.
You can use any kind of pickle you like- chips work best.
Heat peanut or fry oil in a heavy stock pot or dutch oven to 350F.
Thoroughly coat pickle chips in seasoned flour, (combine flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and chili powder to taste)
shake off excess and fry small batches in the oil (pickles will float with no bubbles when cooked) use a slotted spoon to remove cooked pickles
drain on a paper towel lined plate or sheet pan and keep warm in oven.
Thicker pickle chips will cook more slowly, allow time between batches for the oil to rebound.
Serve with your favorite dressing
6 Medium Baking Potatoes
All Seasoning Mix
8 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/8 cup Bacon Bits
2 cups Sour Cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Scrub the potatoes clean, rub with vegetable oil and bake for approximately one hour
3. Remove potatoes from oven, allow to cool slightly before handling
4. Cut into halves
5. Using a spoon carefully scoop the inside of the potatoes until ¼ inch of the potato shell remains
6. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees
7. Sprinkle potatoes with All Seasoning mix, arrange in a baking dish and return to the oven baking on one side for 10 minutes
8. Flip the skins over and bake for an additional 10 minutes
9. Arrange the skins skin-side down and fill with cheddar cheese and bacon bits
10. Return to the oven and Broil until cheese is bubbly -- approximately 2 minutes
11. Serve hot with sour creamTXRH Culinary
“Household” Pulled BBQ Pork Recipe
2 T. Liquid Smoke
1 cup tap water
1 each Whole Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt
2/3 cup Seasoned Salt
1 T. Black Pepper
2 cups of your favorite BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 225° F.
2. Pour the liquid smoke, and water into the bottom of a roasting pan.
3. Place a roasting rack into the pan.
4. Rub the entire exterior of the shoulder with the seasonings.
5. Place the seasoned shoulder onto the rack, fat side up, then cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
6. Place the covered pan into the hot oven, and roast for 5 to 6 hours.
7. Remove the pan from the oven carefully. The meat should be very tender, and between 190 - 200°F.
8. Remove the meat from the pan and break it into five or six pieces using tongs.
9. Allow the meat to cool for 15 – 30 minutes until it is cool enough to touch.
10. Break the meat into 1” by 2” chunks, remove any undesirable fat or gristle, and place the meat into a mixing bowl.
11. Gently stir in the sauce with a rubber spatula.
12. Transfer the sauced meat into 2” deep x 9” wide x 13” long (cake or aluminum) pans and cover with a lid or foil.
1. Bake at 350°F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
2. Serve and enjoy.
1. Refrigerate for use the next day. Cool it quickly (within 2 – 3 hours) to an internal temperature below 40°F to keep it safe.
2. Bake at 350°F for 30 - 40 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 170°F is achieved.
3. Serve and enjoy.
How to make Rattlesnake Bites at home
12 large jalapenos, seeded and cut in half
2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon Parmesan, grated
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned
Wash jalapenos, cut in half, and take out seeds.
Stuff each half with grated jack cheese.
In shallow bowl, mix flour, egg, Parmesan, milk, salt, and pepper to taste.
Place breadcrumbs in flat dish.
Dip jalapeno in egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs.
Place in freezer for 1/2 hour.
Take out of freezer and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Serve immediately with Ranch Dressing or Cajun Horseradish Sauce!