Executive Chef Randy Morgan from Fish City Grill talks delicious fish for Fish Friday.
The redfish he prepares smells out of this world!
Blackened Texas Redfish, 11 ¼” Round Plate
Redfish Skin On, blackened 7 oz. filet
Asparagus (pencil), hot 8-10 spears
Whole Butter 1 teaspoon
Crushed Red Chili Flakes ¼ teaspoon
Kosher Salt small pinch
Mashed Potatoes 6 oz.
Caramelized Onions ¼ cup
Blue Cheese Butter, slightly chilled not frozen 1 tablespoon
Fresh Thyme, chopped garnish
Extra Virgin Olive Oil garnish
1. Blacken meat side of redfish and lightly blacken skin side of redfish. Place on a lightly oiled clean section of the grill.
2. Toss the hot asparagus in a sauté pan with whole butter, red chili flakes and a small pinch of kosher salt.
3. Mix the mashed potatoes with the caramelized onions and place in the center of the plate.
4. Place the asparagus on top of the mashed potatoes and then place the redfish skin side down on top of the asparagus as pictured.
5. Place the blue cheese butter on top of the redfish and garnish with fresh chopped thyme.
6. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil around the plate as pictured.